Additional documents may also be required.
Permits are only valid for use by the vehicle with the license plate number issued at the time of sale. A replacement permit is needed upon a change of vehicle or license plate.
2. Proof of Residency
Must be presented each time a resident obtains a permit.
RPP Decals must be permanently affixed to the lower left-hand corner of the vehicle's windshield. Decals must be affixed by the decal’s own adhesive to the vehicle for which it was issued. Display of a decal that is not affixed, affixed with glue or tape, or affixed through other temporary means, will be considered invalid and subject to fines and penalties and/or loss of privileges.
Visitor permits are issued solely to residents for the use of visitors to their residence. Visitor permits must be displayed in full view, face-up on the driver's side of the vehicle's dashboard. Please refer to the reverse side of your Visitor Permit for more information and regulations governing the use of Visitor Permits.
Visitor Permits may not be laminated. Laminating a Visitor Permit will render the permit void. Vehicles displaying a laminated Visitor Permit may be ticketed or towed.
Permit Expiration. All permits, whether purchased at renewal time or through the course of the year, will expire on the date indicated on the face of the permit unless otherwise extended or voided by the Parking Authority of Baltimore City.
Effective July 1, 2001, Maryland Law authorizes the Executive Director of the Parking Authority to issue a Residential Parking Permit to a person who owns and occupies a residential property in a residential parking permit area in the City regardless of whether the person has registered the vehicle in the State or has obtained a nonresidential permit. To qualify, an applicant must show all other required documentation, proof of homeownership in the City of Baltimore (property tax bill) and proof of residence at their address outside their RPP area. Customers must also provide:
Areas 8, 9 and 37 have off-street parking requirements. If you have an off-street parking space, you are not eligible for a decal for the first car. If you have a second or third car you can get a decal if:
Please call (443) 573-2800 or email us.
Temporary permits may be provided to permit applicants that have proof of residence and valid vehicle registration but do not have the additional required documentation for issuance of a permanent decal.
Temporary permits are provided as a courtesy to residents, allowing time to obtain the additional required documentation.
Temporary permits are issued for either 30 days or 60 days.
1) Notarized letter
2) Current student ID –Students who own a vehicle registered in Maryland must provide verification that they are currently enrolled in school. Students with vehicles registered in Maryland are not required to update their address of record with the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) as most other Maryland residents are required.
3) Non-resident permit – If a vehicle is registered in any state other than Maryland, and the permit applicant is not documenting residency with a Maryland Driver's license, the permit applicant must obtain a non-resident permit from the MVA. The non-resident permit or receipt from the MVA for the non-resident permit must be provided to the PABC Associate or at the community pick-up before a permanent (annual) permit/decal will be issued.
4) Military ID - A military ID must be shown to verify that an applicant is either active or reserve duty. Active members of our nation’s military, who own and operate a vehicle registered in Maryland, are not required to update their address of record with the MVA; most other Maryland residents are required to do so.
1) Change of address card – If the vehicle is registered in the permit applicant’s name and the applicant is NOT a student, military or a dual resident (dual residents own and occupy a home in an RPP area and own/rent another property) then state law requires that the applicant change their address with the Maryland MVA.
2) Change of vehicle registration – If a vehicle is registered in any state other than Maryland and is registered in the applicant’s name, and the applicant is NOT a student, dual resident or active military, the applicant must register the vehicle in the state of Maryland.
1) Car Rentals – Residents can receive a FREE temporary permit for a rental car as long as the applicant shows the rental car agreement with the end date printed on it. The temporary permit will expire on the same end date. Proof of residence must also be provided.
2) Short-Term Work- The resident must show a letter from their employer on company letterhead that verifies the specified work period. The work period must be less than 60 days and proof of residence must still be provided.
All permits are $20 each. The Parking Authority accepts the following forms of payment:
All temporary permits must be returned to the Parking Authority (with the formerly lacking required documents that necessitated the temporary permit) to obtain a permanent decal. If the temporary permit is not returned, there will be a charge of $20 for the decal.
The garage entrance is at 99 S. Howard Street, around the corner from our office (not across the street).
When returning to your car, enter through one of the pedestrian doors. To unlock the door, swipe your parking ticket with the stripe side up on the control equipment next to the door. The door will unlock but does not automatically open. Watch our YouTube video for instructions.